INDIA – Bangalore
Job Description and Requirements
Internship (FPGA and Embedded SW) at Synopsys: Job description
Synopsys is looking for engineering graduates/PG students to work as interns in the field of VLSI.
- The focus of work would be FPGA-Implementation/Embedded-SW (Driver software) in one of the following areas related to connectivity protocols:
- USB/Ethernet/SDMMC/MIPI/Memory Controllers
- The nature of work would be along the following lines:
- Architectural exploration for subsystem design
- Implementation of subsystem design (Area/timing/power constrained)
- Prototyping methodologies
- Embedded (Driver) software development and testing
- Based on the project assigned, the job would involve one or more of the following activities:
- FPGA design and implantation of designed subsystem
- Simulation of the subsystem design
- HW bring-up and testing/validation/prototyping
- Device driver software development and testing
- Test Automation
The candidate must have completed a bachelor’s degree in Electronics/ Electrical Engg.
Partial completion of MS/MTech is preferable. (Electrical/Electronics/VLSI/MicroElectronics or allied specializations.)
Minimum 7.0 CGPA/ 70% in Bachelor in engineering and 7.5 CGPA in Masters till the current semester.
Need to be backed with consistently high academics in the 10th std and 12th standard.
Good understanding of Digital electronics.
Good understanding of low-level software coding with decent exposure to C programming language
Tenure: Typically 6 months to 12 months based on academic requirement and extendible based on performance.
Location: The positions are based out of Synopsys offices in Bangalore and would require the candidate to physically work
out of Synopsys offices during the office hours 5 days/ week during the internship tenure.
Note: Synopsys converts many of its Interns to full-time employees after the completion of the internship and
based on performance during the internship tenure and business needs.
Job Category Interns/Temp
Job Subcategory: Interns
Hire Type: Intern